Hello! Have you been stuck when it comes to love? Do you ever struggle wondering what you want? Well, to know yourself well on the romantic side, here’s some things you could look at on your natal chart!
Note before I start: Venus and Mars, like the Sun and Moon are two differing planets that brings balance when brought together. Venus is a feminine planet while Mars is a masculine planet. I will mention below that Venus is how a female will primarily pursue someone while Mars is how a male will pursue someone. I am strictly only mentioning that with the assumption that females will express feminine energies while males will express masculine energies, since they identify with the female and male genders. Now, in this world, there are certainly more than two genders. If you happen to find yourself to be a gender that isn’t male or female, work with Mars and Venus together and find which interpretation works best for you. Also, if a woman has strong masculine energies in her natal chart, involving Mars in how she’ll pursue someone is a great possibility. The same would go for a man who has a lot of feminine energies in his natal chart.
Now, let’s really begin.
- VENUS. Venus, the planet of beauty and romance. Probably the best place to look for when it comes to romance! Here are some places to look at when it comes to Venus:
- THE SIGN. Your Venus sign tells you what attracts you romantically, and how you would act in love! This is especially true for girls, since it is a feminine planet! What you want in a first date would be expressed by your Venus!
- LOCATION. The house where your Venus is located will mix and work together with the sign of your Venus! A lot of people can think their Venus is expressed as a certain sign, but when you put it into a different house, you could express your Venus in a different way, depending on which sign rules the house your Venus is in. The House that your Venus is in can show where and how your romance can manifest, implying that the location of your Venus could show where you’ll most likely meet your love interests in a literal sense.
- ASPECTS. Aspects can certainly change how you express your Venus. Aspects show that there are outside factors (other planets) that can affect what you find attractive and how you express your love.
- MARS. Whether you connect love and sex or not, Mars is very important, especially if you’re a guy, because Mars is a masculine planet. It also rules how you will flirt with the person you like. Mars also shows what you’re like in the bedroom. Here are the places to look at when it comes to Mars.
- THE SIGN. The sign of your Mars will tell you exactly how you will express yourself when you want to pursue someone or have sex. Mars shows how a guy will usually pursue you in love. How you would like things to go down in the bedroom is something that can be found with Mars.
- LOCATION. The House where your Mars is located will mix and work together with the sign of your Mars. The location of your Mars on your natal chart can change how you express yourself sexually, and where you’re most likely to pursue someone.
- ASPECTS. Aspects can certainly change how you express your Mars. Aspects show that there are outside factors (other planets) that can affect what you find sexually attractive and how you express your sexuality.
- PLUTO. The deep, intimate side of sex is one of the things that Pluto gives insight to. Look at the sign of Pluto and what house it’s in to gain some insight in what kind of secret intimacy you want to have with your partner. The house Pluto resides in is more important than the sign of Pluto (but you still need to look) due to the fact that Pluto is a generational planet, meaning that people in the same generation can have the same sign. Also pay attention to any aspects your Pluto can make.
- JUNO. Your Juno gives insight to what you want in a partner for the long run, and what your life partner could actually be like! Check the sign and House your Juno resides in. However, since Juno is considered an asteroid, it can be seen to be significantly less important than the planets. Juno is a good asteroid to look at when you want to find very refined details about what you’d like in a practical partner in the long run.
- PSYCHE AND EROS. These are your “sex” asteroids. While Mars is kind of a little general, telling you about your energy, passion, your masculine side, and your anger, your Psyche and Eros signs will give you more insight into how your love interest could be in the bedroom. You don’t need an exact birth time, but you do need your love interest’s birthday. Once you find it, compare your Eros sign to your partner’s PSYCHE sign. Don’t pair your Eros to their Eros or vice versa, since Psyche and Eros are a pair.
- SYNASTRY. Synastry is perhaps one of the closest and most accurate attempts to illustrate the dynamics between two people. Unlike simple compatibility (which I highly dislike,) synastry is way of looking at a relationship between two people by taking two natal charts and putting them on top of each other. From there, there are some things to pay attention to:
- CHART OVERLAYS. Chart overlays are important in synastry because a chart overlay can show how a person’s planet will affect another person’s area of life in their natal chart.
- ASPECTS IN THE SYNASTRY CHART. The aspects you find in the actual synastry chart is very important. It paints a picture of how a couple will exactly attempt to work with each other in a relationship. The aspects are made from one person’s planet, to another person’s planet. The planets that are making aspects can create various “roles” the two people can play in a relationship.
- COMPOSITE CHARTS. Unlike synastry, composite charts don’t focus on the two individuals, but more on the relationship itself. Composite charts are created by creating the midpoint of your placements your partner’s placements into a chart. The nature of your relationship when you two are together are mentioned here, and how people will think of your relationship will also be mentioned! While synastry is more “romance” based since it goes very deeply into the inner workings of two people, you can do a composite chart with your friends. You can create a chart from more than two people, so might as well do your whole squad!
- DAVISON RELATIONSHIP CHART. The Davison chart is a technique many modern astrologers use today to find the current dynamics of a relationship. Like the composite chart, the Davison chart shows the nature of the relationship between two people. However, calculating the Davison chart is different from the composite in the sense that the midpoint date between the two people is used to make the chart, rather than the midpoint of the two people’s placements in their natal charts. The Davison Relationship Chart is often called “The Birthday of a Relationship,” since the relationship receives a natal birth chart just like an individual. The chart’s exact birth time can also show how the first meeting between two people went. This is also a chart you can perform transits and progressions on, so you could also see how a relationship could progress in a relationship. However, this does not determine the future state of your relationship in any specific way.
- THE 5TH HOUSE. The fifth house strictly rules dating, and other fun, not-so-serious affairs, like a one night stand. How you are when you’re looking for a casual romantic relationship would be mentioned here. Pay attention to the signs, planets, and aspects made to the planets in this house if you have any.
- THE 7TH HOUSE. The seventh house strictly rules marriage and the long-term partnership in your life! Things like serious relationships and marriage will be mentioned here! Pay attention to the signs, planets, and the aspects made to the planets in this house if you have any!
- THE 8TH HOUSE. Like Pluto, the 8th House can show you insight into how you would like to get intimate with someone. While this intimacy can manifest as sex, sex is not the only way of getting intimate with someone. Do be aware that the 8th House does not JUST rule sex, but other life-changing transformations.
- THE DESCENDANT. The Descendant is the sign that rules the cusp of your 7th House. The Descendant gives insight to what you want in a partner, but also how what you want in a partner could eventually be problematic in your relationship.
- THE SUN-MOON MIDPOINT. While the Venus-Mars midpoint could give you a good idea for compatibility, I personally the sun-moon midpoint is better when it comes to compatibility. All you gotta do is look up your sun-moon midpoint on astro.com and find the sign! Whatever sign is your sun-moon midpoint, you’ll find comfort and feel attracted to anybody who has personal planets in your sun-moon midpoint, even if they’re not attracted to you! However, do pay attention to tight aspects made between your sun-moon midpoint to another person’s personal planet.
- VERTEX. The Vertex is known as the “secondary” Descendant and could give more insight to what you want in a partner. Just look up your vertex on astro.com, and you’ll find the sign. Like I mentioned earlier, pay attention to any tight aspects made between your vertex and another person’s personal planet.
- NORTH AND SOUTH NODE. If you’ve ever felt that “deja vu” moment when you talk to a certain someone, maybe one of your planets is conjunct to their North and South Node. If you have a strong connection to someone in your South Node, they could have connections to you from a past life. If you have a strong connection to someone in your North Node, this person will most definitely help you in the what you need to do in this lifetime.
- THE ELEMENTS, POLARITIES, AND QUADRUPLICITIES. The elements, polarities, and quadruplicities are not only a helpful way for you to understand the signs, but it is also a great way to simply figure out simple compatibility. However, I do not recommend this method in the long run, because to simply organize compatibility in these three categories can ultimately generalize compatibility in a relationship, which is not optimal. It’s important to stay open-minded while determining the compatibility between two people while using astrology.
In fact, it’s ultimately up to you to do whatever you want. If ANY of these things on the list rules against what you want in love, GO FOR IT ANYWAY. Astrology is ultimately supposed to guide, not to dictate what you do.
Speaking of guides, I hope the post was a good guide to get you guys started on the complicated subject of love. Love is certainly complicated, but with the right tools, you can always make progress in understanding yourself and others.